NEED TRAVEL INFO OR TRAVEL HELP TO COVANCE IN MADISON Mar 7, 2014 12:23:13 GMT -5
Post by labrat1 on Mar 7, 2014 12:23:13 GMT -5
I arranged an appointment to screen on March 26. It is currently March 7 as I type this. It is a few weeks away.
It is for a very well paying study. It requires one screening and one inpatient stay of about three weeks.
Pays about $6000. How I want to do this study, but there are obstacles.
I am researching my travel options. I may have to cancel the screening if I cannot find the right flight and THEN the right transportation to Covance in Madison.
Ideally, I would get a very early flight to Wisconsin that takes no longer than about three hours, preferably 2 and a half hours, and I would arrive no later than about 6 am so as I have plenty of time, and then I would get to Covance within an hour and a half ( as long as I get there by about 9 am) and then I can go back to the airport within appmately an hour and a half and get an evening flight back home.
However, there is an imbalance between time, cost and convenience.
The cheapest flights go to Milwaukee airport. There are no buses from there that would leave me close enough to Covance in Madison. The closest one would bring me about half way and from there I would have to get a cab anyway.
There are flights to an airport that is only about 4 miles or so from Covance, ("MSN airport") but it costs more to get on that flight.
Also the information that I see on internet about travel to WIsconsin on the 26th of March, is that it is cheaper to go there the day before, but to land in Milwaukee airport.
It would mean that I have to stay in a hotel until the screening appointment the next day. And worse, I would have to probably go by car to a hotel near Covance Madison and get there by the evening before my appointment so as to be near the place when I have to walk there early on the 26th. My appointment is for 9:30 am.
Of course if I pay some $350 or $450 to get to the MSN airport it would offset having to get a cab from the Milwaukee airport. I can get a city bus to Covance from the MSN airport or I can walk to Covance from the MSN airport. (I have walked the 4 miles from the Penn Station in Baltimore to where Parexel is and back so that alone is not such a problem.).
But then I have not found a flight that will get me there not much later than about 7:30 am. I would have to get on a flight that gets me there the day before and pay hotel costs.
I am wary about just accepting a ride with just anyone with the JALR ride share. Yet I am willing to consider it.
If I find the right flight,
Someone would have to be able to drive me from the Milwaukee airport to Covance Madison and then back.
I really have to find a R/T flight that gets me there in the right time so that I don't have to stay in a hotel.
The screening could take some 3 to 5 hours. The person who drives me there would have to wait for my screening to be done to drive me back to the Milwaukee airport.
Furthermore this is only for the screening. If I get in the study, I will have to do this travel thing all over. it is risky. If I don't get in the study, and get to carry it out entirely, I won't earn the $6000.
The only good thing is that there is only one screening and one inpatient stay of 3 weeks.
If I have to pay for the ride share, ( and how could I not) there is a likelihood that I may not be able to pay right away. I am low on money now and would have to pay incrementally and until I get the study money,
I may not be able to pay for a while. It will require trust and patience.
I am a reliable person. I also don't care to deal with other than honest, and professional-minded people.
If anyone has advice or can help me with this please post here.
The chances are that I will have to call Covance and cancel the screening. I will have to give up hope that I can get in this study. The more time goes by, the costlier the air fares will get.
Thanks to anyone who can provide advice or help.